MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyramid onto the stair texture itself?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Besch
How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyramid onto the stair texture itself?
on Nov 21, 2015 at 12:45:22 pm

Hi everyone!

I am trying to explain this as well as possible:

I am trying to do a multi-projector projection onto a step pyramid. I want some liquid to be poured on top of the pyramid and then flow down the steps on all sides of the pyramid.

The Media Server software needs the .obj file and a UV map + texture to be able to project the flowing animation realistically.

So first I would build an exact copy of the step pyramid in C4D and then use RealFlow to simulate the liquid flowing down the steps. I then would create the mesh and put a shader on it.

I then somehow would need to bake the Realflow mesh to the pyramid object's texture so that the Media Server Sofware can use it.

How would I do that?

Thank you for your input!

Greetings, Julian

Return to posts index

Julian Besch
Re: How to bake a RealFlow mesh flowing down steps of a pyramid onto the stair texture itself?
on Nov 21, 2015 at 4:52:19 pm

Our current solution is to render the C4D animation with cameras from the front, left, right and top.

These videos can be used for parallel mapping on the media server.

To get the UV maps, we project the rendered videos with the same cameras on the corresponding surfaces and then bake the uv textures.

Its a bit tedious but it does work! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]