MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Question about null objects?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samatha WilliamsQuestion about null objects?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 6:36:37 pm

Hello,

My question is how do I make all my individual parts one whole mesh?. I model my character three parts part one- body within a hypernurbs, part two- face within a hypernurbs, and part three a eye within symmetry object. I then grouped all my objects into one null. I started to do a auto rigged setup and my rig when fine until I got to the binding section. My character will not bind....and I think it's because it's not truly one piece....it's just three parts that are group together.

So, my question is how do I make my null object into one piece? I hope I don't have to go thru the rigging again, but if I do that's just life.

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Return to posts index

Samantha SchnauderRe: Question about null objects?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 12:18:32 am

Awesome name! :) First, select the symmetry modifier and select "make object editable". That will make your two eyes into one solid piece. Then select your other objects in your objects manager (without selecting your hypernurbs directly) and right click and select "connect objects and delete". That should allow you to bind your model to the rig :) Good luck!

Return to posts index

Samatha WilliamsRe: Question about null objects?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 3:11:13 pm

Thank you so much for the answer, Sam!! ( I hope you go by the nick name too) You're a life saver. But, I have another problem that happen....and if you know the answer to this one too, I would really appreciate it!

But, thanks again for the first answer!!!

Return to posts index

Samantha SchnauderRe: Question about null objects?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 4:42:59 pm

You're welcome :). What's up, Sam?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]