MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Coins falling - issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua RodriguesCoins falling - issues
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 8:17:48 pm

So i'm trying to nail this shot of coins falling on-top of each-other.
It's a really simple scene.

Coin - with a rigid body tag on it so it falls - inside a cloner which gives me 10 coins instead of 1
Floor - with a collider tag on it so the coins bounce off.

The coin has been put into edit mode so it is a polygon object.

But I have 2 issues...

- The coins geometry overlap eachother as they are falling. Difficult to see at the speed they fall, but I want to clean it up.

- The coins have thin vertical lines running around the sides and they flicker when they should be static.

Here's a video of what i have so far and the 2 issues I have.

Anyone got any ideas how I can solve these 2 issues i'm having?

Thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Coins falling - issues
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 3:52:45 am

issue 1 - probably the Project/Dynamics/Expert settings, Steps per Frame, max Solver Iterations per Step check the Help for descriptions

issue 2 - the Help again Dynamics/Tips and Tricks/The Party’s Over says it - "Let’s say you create an animation in which you pour a large number of Clones into a box. After you render the scene you notice that the Clones still have not completely come to rest, even ten seconds into the animation. There are several ways to keep these Clones quiet:

Increase the Linear Damping and Angular Damping values.
Reducing the Bounce value and increasing the Friction value will also help take the energy out of the Clones.
Increase the Linear Velocity Threshold and Angular Velocity Threshold values.
If this doesn’t help just use steamroller tactics: If Time Scale is set to 0 the simulation will freeze instantly.
Generally speaking, Damping are well-suited for bringing dynamic movements to a rest. For Soft Bodies, damping can even be defined precisely at vertex level."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved