MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Making an assembly happen via Mograph?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance MoodyMaking an assembly happen via Mograph?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 8:16:29 pm
Last Edited By Lance Moody on Nov 16, 2015 at 9:33:02 pm

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone right be able to help me understand how I might make the following happen. I suspect it is easy but, as a relative newbie, can't figure out an elegant solution.

I have a Radial cloner with 12 objects (let's just say they are spheres, each with a different material).

I would like to have each of those objects rise up on the Y to a new position. Let's say they are all at -500 on the Y and would like them to all end at zero.

The thing is, I would like each clone to make it's move randomly (and ease) into place. So they all end up at zero but each enters on its own schedule. I don't want them to all end at the same time.

Of course, I could make the cloner editable and animate the items individually but it seems like there ought to be a elegant Mograph way to do it.

Any help appreciated.

Lance

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Making an assembly happen via Mograph?
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 3:42:16 am

animate the object to be cloned, clone it and add a Random effector - in the Random Effector the important bits are
-in the Effector tab: Min/Max (min = 0 not the default -100), Random Mode (Mode = Sorted but try the others to see what they do) and Seed (Seed set it to different numbers and the 'spheres' rise in a different random order)
-in the Parameter tab: Time Offset - is the number of frames plus the number of animation frames all the clones will *finish* the animation in - in the example file a sphere rises in 30 frames (well 31 really, 0-30), if Time Offset is set to 15 frames all the spheres will be finished by frame 45 - if time offset is set to 150 each sphere will have time to rise all the way up before the next starts

9467_randomcloneanimate.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Lance MoodyRe: Making an assembly happen via Mograph?
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 4:25:28 pm

Thanks! But since each object in the clone is different that really just means animating them all separately anyway, right?

Lance

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Making an assembly happen via Mograph?
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 4:56:18 pm

I think so (Adam might know something different), but the effector could still be used to control timing and order - you could animate all the objects together (if they all occupy the same space, just select, keyframe) and it's the cloner that separates them. The same setup works on separately animated objects as well as one cloned object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]