MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

spline dynamics jitter after simulation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Silvaspline dynamics jitter after simulation?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 12:25:37 pm

Hi,

I have a scene attached and was wondering how to get rid of a weird jitter that happens to the string/card at around frame 300+?

9460_balloonjitter.c4d.zip

Thanks for your help!

Dan.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: spline dynamics jitter after simulation?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 3:32:00 pm

increasing Drag in the spline dynamics should stop it but in this case it won't go away unless you stop the Vibrate Tag at the same time (I tried increasing drag from 6 to 100 and vibrate down to zero over frames 260 to 300 and it looked ok)

Return to posts index

Daniel De SilvaRe: spline dynamics jitter after simulation?
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:16:27 pm

brilliant thank you!

I have a follow up question, I have dynamics baked into my scene using the project settings, however for one of the object, I clear the cache and run the simulation. When I have my desired simulation from the object I bake it on it's dynamics settings but it seems to change completely from the simulation I just saw. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Dan.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: spline dynamics jitter after simulation?
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 3:04:00 am

not enough information - it should give you what you see but that can be thrown off if you have enough going on that the sim is dropping frames in the viewport. Dynamics is touchy enough to put this into the help "Different Simulations Using the Same Parameters

Physical simulations tend to deliver different results if even the slightest "environmental" factor is altered. A different operating system, processor or CINEMA 4D version, a different FPS value in the Project Settings, a further object included in the simulation (does not even have to take part in the collisions), an approaching thunderstorm (well, maybe not the thunderstorm … ) can all lead to entirely different results. There is a solution, though, with which a single simulation process can be set for eternity (this is also very advisable when using Team Render): a simulation can be baked using the Dynamics Cache Functionality. Then it will be set for life."

and given you are using cache you should get your one object behaving like you expect but not if the effective framerate in the viewer is different from framerate in the render

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]