MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

card attached to balloon string through xpresso won't fix on string point? (file included)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Silva
card attached to balloon string through xpresso won't fix on string point? (file included)
on Nov 12, 2015 at 12:59:22 pm

Hey guys,

I need some fast help if possible!

As can see attached in the scene, I have a card attached to a balloon string using xpresso, string is dynamic.

When still the card remains intact with the string end point, however when moving it moves itself a few places down for reasons which I can't seem to see?

Anyone have any solutions?

9451_forsolve.c4d.zip

Thanks!

Dan.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: card attached to balloon string through xpresso won't fix on string point? (file included)
on Nov 12, 2015 at 1:25:24 pm

Just baking the dynamics then caching the spline dinamycs seems to solve the issue. Have you tried that?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Daniel De Silva
Re: card attached to balloon string through xpresso won't fix on string point? (file included)
on Nov 12, 2015 at 2:23:48 pm

Genuis! I'm new to dynamics so wasn't sure what the issue was, speaking of what was the actual issue here?

Thanks,

Dan.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 12, 2015 at 3:07:04 pm

Priority of the XPresso is too low (early) it's getting evaluated first - it's moving the tag to where the string is at the calculation phase of the frame - then the balloon gets moved by the dynamics later in the calculation phase, then it renders so the tag is always a frame behind. If you increase the Xpresso priority to a higher value (calculates later) than the dynamics the xpression will calculate after the dynamics and follow the balloon. Dynamics priority is Generators +400 so the XPresso has to be Generators +401 or higher.

Return to posts index

Daniel De Silva
on Nov 16, 2015 at 12:11:55 pm

amazing thanks so much this worked also!

I have a follow up question with another issue I am experiencing, after the simulation ends, from frame 300+ I have a slight jitter on my spline dynamics that I don't want in the scene as the camera will be in on a close up to read text on the card, how can I get rid of ths?

I've attached the files for you to see what I mean!

9460_balloonjitter.c4d.zip

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]