MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

attach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Silvaattach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 11:41:59 am

Hey guys,

I need your help with a problem I can't seem to figure out.

I have attached a balloon string using spline dynamics to the tied point of the balloon. What I'm having trouble with is (As seen in the screens) is how to attach the other end to a piece of card, in order for the card to follow the string, string to follow the balloon whilst all being dynamic.

Please help!

*ignore right hand side of screens

Thanks,

Dan.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: attach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 4:12:46 pm

The spline dynamics system isn't that sophisticated, unfortunately. But you could attach the cardboard to the spline with Xpresso.

Return to posts index

Daniel De SilvaRe: attach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 5:36:48 pm

Thanks for the answer!

I haven't yet used espresso, would you have any idea how I'd go about this?

Thanks Adam!

Dan.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: attach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 10:08:50 pm

Here's a real basic example: 9442_balloonsign.c4d.zip

You'd need to do a little more work to add rotation to the card. One way to do that would be to attack a null further up the string using the same method and then use an aim constraint on the card to look at the null.

Return to posts index

Daniel De SilvaRe: attach a balloon string to a balloon one end and a cardboard tag the other?
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 9:48:00 am

Ah ok I looked at the file and that's great, problem solved!

Thanks and much appreciated you've saved me on a deadline :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]