MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Moving baked keyframes in timeline is SUPER slow

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MooreMoving baked keyframes in timeline is SUPER slow
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 2:02:42 am

I'm using C4D R16 and I have a few vehicles that have baked animations (9 buses over 450 frames). Playback in the viewport is nearly real-time but is it normal for it to take 30-50 seconds to simply move this number of keyframes around in the timeline window? It takes a good 15-20 seconds from when I click before I can start to move the keyframes, then another 15-30 seconds to complete the move and be able to use C4D again.

My computer is ageing but it's not terrible: i7-920 with 32GB of RAM and Nvidia 660.

Any ideas on how I can speed this up or do I just need a new CPU/video card?

Thanks,

Michael

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Moving baked keyframes in timeline is SUPER slow
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:11:35 am

It's just a limitation of the program I'm afraid. Faster computer won't help much. I think this has been improved quite a bit in R17.

Return to posts index

Michael MooreRe: Moving baked keyframes in timeline is SUPER slow
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 1:09:19 pm

Thanks for your reply, Adam. That sucks - I was hoping to have another excuse to upgrade my system, ha ha. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to see about upgrading to R17 then, but that would almost be as much as my computer upgrade.

In the mean time, I did find sort of a workaround. If I use the Functions / Move/Scale menu option in the timeline window, I can shift the keyframes much quicker. It only takes a second or two, though it takes a bit of mental calculation before knowing how many frames I need to shift. It's weird that C4D can make this shift so quickly using this method but takes forever if you drag the keyframes in the timeline. Hopefully this is something they can address in a future update as it really messes with my workflow.

Cheers,

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]