MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoSpline Segments + random Clones

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crasse deux
MoSpline Segments + random Clones
on Oct 29, 2015 at 3:46:57 pm

Hi there !

I got a Mospline with 6 segments and I wrap on them different clones from a single cloner (containing 8 different objects) using a Spline Wrapper to bend clones along the spline.
The SplineWrapper part works But my problem is that clones are dispatched in the same order on each segments of the MoSpline and I want them to be in different order on each segments.

Is there any way to do that (without turning the Mospline into a regular spline) ?

Return to posts index

Nick Smith
Re: MoSpline Segments + random Clones
on Oct 29, 2015 at 3:54:54 pm

Hi,

Off the top of my head, have you changed the cloner setting from Iterate to random?

Nick Smith

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

http://www.anarkyanimations.co.uk

Return to posts index

crasse deux
Re: MoSpline Segments + random Clones
on Oct 29, 2015 at 4:10:03 pm

Hi !

Yes I did that, but didn't get any results, clones order changed a bit between Iterate and Random, but still, they are ordered the same way on each segment.

However I located a bit the problem.
It come from the SplineWrapper.
If I use the cloner on object mode and then use the MoSpline as the object, clones a randomly dispatched on the segments, but in my case that won't do the job because i need the clones to be wrapped on the spline. (the object mode keep the clones "rigid" and they don't bend according to the spline).

Another fact, even If I "rasterize" the Mospline (pressing C) to turn it into a regular spline, Using the spline wrapper, clones still are ordered the same way on each part of the spline that were segments. really weird...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]