MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D Dark Renders

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach LongCinema 4D Dark Renders
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:09:14 pm
Last Edited By Zach Long on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:11:03 pm

I haven't had this happen before.

My image using Render View looks like this - > screenshot2015-10-23at4.06.53pm.png

And like this in the picture viewer and when rendered out -> screenshot2015-10-23at4.07.59pm.png

I've tried tweaking a thousand things and have no idea. Thanks for anything.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cinema 4D Dark Renders
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 12:03:46 am

can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Zach LongRe: Cinema 4D Dark Renders
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 1:24:36 am

9368_mginfiniti.zip

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2015 at 1:54:18 am

you need to put the hdr on the sky in the Luminance channel or it can't 'shine' to get reflected by the logo, and turn off the Color Correction and you get the same render in both places

Return to posts index

Zach LongRe: Cinema 4D Dark Renders
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 2:02:10 am

Thanks. I read somewhere that with GI it doesn't matter where you put the HDRI but I guess I misread or something.

Why can't I render out with color correction?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2015 at 3:00:38 am

With one light with no falloff you should be getting some reflection of the sky even though the sky object is so large but not as bright as it would be with hdri in the luminance
But your color Correction settings are for -75% saturation (driving everything to neutral gray) and 100% contrast so light areas are extra bright and dark is very dark, if you turn off the Color Correction (or Reset the settings in it) you do get a render that you are supposed to.
I can't tell you why the color correction is not the same in the editor render and the picture viewer but the editor render has features which make it quicker and you should never do all your renders in the editor then expect the picture viewer to be identical particularly with textures - it's often nearly identical but not always, so it's good to do picture viewer renders to check.
It can also be a lot quicker to do a render in the picture viewer then use the Filter in the Picture Viewer to get the look you want then you can Create Post Effect (at the bottom of the Filter dialog) and use that for your animation render

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]