MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture/cover a model with Cloner in Object Mode or Just use a texture?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan WorshamTexture/cover a model with Cloner in Object Mode or Just use a texture?
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 7:10:14 pm

Hey guys,

So I have a model of a face and I need to evenly distribute circles all over the model. The circles must have pictures inside them. I have a multishader attached to the cloner; the multishader is drawing from a folder to populate the circles(disks) with the images I need. I went into Object Properties of the cloner and set "mode" to object and dragged in my model. Ive been playing with the "Distribution" settings. The best I can do is set it to surface and bump the count up to like 20k.

Is there a better way to do this? Surface mode does not distribute evenly enough. The images are rotated in all directions and I need them to keep their original orientation, and be positioned so you can see the image right side up( right now some of the people are upside down, or rotated). Im worried about using a texture because I would like to be able to switch the images out easily and I can have the images stretch.

I really need help on this, so thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Texture/cover a model with Cloner in Object Mode or Just use a texture?
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 9:05:30 pm

Tough problem. One way you may be able to get closer to the result you want would be to place a subdivided sphere around your head and then shrink wrap the sphere to the head using the shrink wrap deformer. If you set the sphere to one of the triangulated types (icosahedron, etc.) you should be able to get a pretty regular result.

Then run current state to object on the sphere and delete whatever parts you don't need. Clone onto the sphere instead of your face. You can fool with the alignment using a Target Effector if necessary.

If that doesn't work you might try this plugin, although I've never used it myself so I can't say if it would do the trick: http://www.c4dzone.com/en/shop/plug-ins-17/power-cloner-1-1-247.htm

Return to posts index

Evan WorshamRe: Texture/cover a model with Cloner in Object Mode or Just use a texture?
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 2:53:15 pm

Thanks so much, this is what I needed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]