MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Opinions on Element 3D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolyne AnthonyOpinions on Element 3D?
by on Oct 2, 2015 at 1:56:19 pm

Hey all,

I've been looking into adding Element 3D to my workflow to possibly speed up animation/rendering. My hope is that I could bring models from C4D into AE and utilize Element 3D's animation engine. Although it is pretty cheap, I would like to know if it's worth my time to learn. Has anyone had positive/negative experiences with it?

Return to posts index

James HuenergardtRe: Opinions on Element 3D?
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:00:38 am

I own C4D and Element and I have to say Element is worth it.
It's not going to be used on every project, but it has saved me a TON of time rendering and animating.

Once you understand how everything comes into Element from C4D, you can do a lot with it.

The new Element will import a C4D project file with keyframes.

I've baked MoGraph animations using NitroBake and brought them into Element and it looked gorgeous.
You can also animate your camera in C4D and then import that project into Element and then import the C4D project into C4D and bring the camera in and align it and have it work with Element.

I love it and it has made me money.

I have a project I'm not finished with, so I can't show it yet, but I did all the rendering in Element and it looks great.

Reel Inspirations -
Commercials, Dramas, Image Pieces, Documentaries, Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Carolyne AnthonyRe: Opinions on Element 3D?
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 4:45:53 pm

Thanks for your reply James! I was actually wondering if it had the ability to import keyframes, so that's good to hear. I think I'm just going to dive in and see what happens :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved