MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Boole leaving edges visible

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Long
Boole leaving edges visible
on Sep 26, 2015 at 5:59:05 pm

Hi, I have a project set up with one large 'canvas' object. Then everything I want booled out is lumped together with a null. The problem is that the edges of one of my cube shapes is showing.

I've tried re-ordering everything in the null group, tried making them all editable as well. I'm guessing theres a way to cut a hole in the cube shape following my 'wing' shape, but I can't figure out how.

9296_idcardsavedlanyardpic.png.zip

Thanks for any help

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Boole leaving edges visible
on Sep 26, 2015 at 8:33:12 pm

I'm guessing you want the frame around the head to be cut by the wings. You can put a boole inside a boole so copy the wings (make the depth big enough to cut the box correctly) boole the wings from the box (or boole Union them together if the shapes overlay the right way) and put that boole in your boole group from the card.

Return to posts index

Zach Long
on Sep 27, 2015 at 1:59:35 am

I just can't get that to work. It works but it partially exposes the 'profile pic' texture no matter how precise I try to be. I may be thinking through it wrong, but I tried for a good couple hours.

My thought is to do a render without the profile picture and one with, then just mask it out in After Effects. If anyone knows the cause of this exposed edge I'd like to know how to prevent it in the future.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:34:09 am

I'd probably have to see the scene file to be able to tell, I'm probably making wrong guesses about your construction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]