MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Batch render multiple 'scenes'

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip FischerBatch render multiple 'scenes'
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 7:35:44 pm

To start, I came from C4D from Sketchup, so I'm using a similar workflow that I used in Sketchup. I may be doing things wrong, and welcome being told as much.

Imagine that you are setting up a virtual photo shoot of items in C4D. You have lighting and a sweep and several items. You would like the camera and lighting and sweep to not change from image to image, with only the product being different.

To keep from having multiple files (one for each product) and using render queue to render them at once, I imagine that I could render a sequence of frames, each frame would have a different product visible.

To do this, I've been keyframing 'visible in editor' and 'visible in renderer' in the basic attributes for each object, turning their visibility on and off with each frame. So in this example:
- Frame 1: Object A = visible (keyfame made), Object B = invisible (keyframe made), Object C = invisible (keyframe made)
- Frame 2: Object A = invisible (keyframe made), Object B = visible (keyframe made), Object C = invisible (keyframe existing)
- Frame 3: Object A = invisible (keyframe existing), Object B = invisible (keyframe made), Object C = visible (keyframe made)

And you would expect, when Frames 1-3 are rendered:
- Frame 1: Object A visible
- Frame 2: Object B visible
- Frame 3: Object C visible

What I end up getting, though, is:
- Frame 1: Object A visible
- Frame 2: Object A visible
- Frame 3: Object B visible

I have also tried using display tags instead, as well as compositing tags with the same results.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Thank you kindly in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Batch render multiple 'scenes'
by on Sep 26, 2015 at 4:21:23 am

Should work if you keyframed it properly. I suggest you keyframe both the visible in editor and visible in render properties which will make it easier to check.

Return to posts index

Phillip FischerRe: Batch render multiple 'scenes'
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 6:14:46 pm

Thank you for the confirmation that it theoretically should be working. I did have both visible in editor and render keyframed, but neglected to say as much.

After some further troubleshooting, it seems that it is caused, at least in part, by having the Motion Vector selected as a Multi-Pass rendering layer. Not sure why this is happening, much less what that layer does, but maybe this information will help others. If I find out more, I will update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved