MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multiple attractors affecting individual objects?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Keeper
Multiple attractors affecting individual objects?
on Sep 24, 2015 at 9:42:19 am

Hi,

I've got a scene set up with several snooker balls lined up in a triangle, and another ball comes into shot and hits them. All set up with rigid body tags and working fine, however my problem is that I then want them all roll back into their original positions after a second.
I've been playing around with attractors, however it doesn't seem like you can assign individual objects to an attractor. I was planning on positioning several attractors at the snooker balls original positions but the attractors are affecting all the snooker balls.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Multiple attractors affecting individual objects?
on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:53:05 pm

maybe use the Dynamic On/Off in the rigid body tag - if you turn Dynamic to Off it will return to it's original position over the length of the Transition Time - if you enable Dynamic Transition just above that it will do it dynamically (with collisions etc.)

Return to posts index

Charlie Keeper
on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:11:22 pm

Thanks - the Dynamic on/off solution worked perfectly!
I'll also try the falloff in the Attractor properties method too, no doubt I'll need it in the future!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:58:01 pm

You can use falloff in the Attractor properties to limit its influence. With the "Source" falloff type, you can use splines or other objects to define the falloff area. In this case splines would probably work best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]