MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Random Light Color cloner

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Holzknecht
Random Light Color cloner
on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:12:30 pm
Last Edited By Brian Holzknecht on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:38:16 pm

I'm really having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do what I want. I have a nested cloner object with a bunch of lights and I would like to be able to randomize the "chosen" colors between all the clones with a noise pattern. I tried using a random effector with shader effector and some other things, but the best I could get is each group of clones changing colors in a group, not each light.

I have an example attached that does exactly what I want to do, except the texture space of my noise texture is set to world space which doesn't work when I move my cloner group.

Any help would be great.

9266_ledlightarray.c4d.zip

Thanks,

Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Random Light Color cloner
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:42:47 pm

don't use the noise group in a layer in the Shader effector, put the noises in the color channel of a texture on the Master Cloner (with the noises set to Texture space) and reference the color channel of the texture in the shader effector

Return to posts index

Brian Holzknecht
Re: Random Light Color cloner
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:55:29 pm

Amazing, thanks so much Brian. I felt like I tried every possible variation to figure it out, but obviously not. I'm pretty new with cinema 4d and haven't really used the shader effector before.

Thanks,

Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]