MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

F-Curve [/Keyframe] pause on Align to Spline - How to fix?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc WalkerF-Curve [/Keyframe] pause on Align to Spline - How to fix?
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 1:19:46 am

Hi community,
I have a camera circling an object on a circular spline. I have an F-Curve on the Align to spline- Position. But when it transitions from 100 to 0(to repeat) there is a pause. A dead frame. I can't find a way to transition smoothly. If this was a video loop, I'd just remove the last frame(as I have done before). But it isn't, so I can't.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: F-Curve [/Keyframe] pause on Align to Spline - How to fix?
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 1:43:13 am

I assume your F-Curve is linear, you can't go from 0 to 100 since 0 and 100 are the same thing - your top value has to be less (the math equivalent of removing the frame in video) you can do the math - last frame value = 100 - 100/number of frames or you can set a keyframe one frame before your current end keyframe (in the 0 -100 sequence) delete the last frame and move the "one before to the last place

Return to posts index

Marc WalkerRe: F-Curve [/Keyframe] pause on Align to Spline - How to fix?
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 2:29:58 am
Last Edited By Marc Walker on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:03:09 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Linear, but I tried all others. I don't know if it matters, but it's 100 to 0, not 0 to 100. I understand they are the same position.

I'm usualy quite good at this, I had already tried dividing the number of frames(149) by 100, then - from 100 to get the last point level(99.328%). But thats where I got stuck.

I don't understand "delete the last frame and move the "one before to the last place".

EDIT: The first time I divided frames, because the velocity doesnt show up, and it wasn't a smooth annimation, I thought it didn't work. However, I have now realised that the 'dividing by 100' method wouldn't work, as I changed the velocity in the 149 frames. I guess that's what you meant when you asked if it was linear? I thought you meant the 149th frame point type. I now added the keyframe, and removed the last frame and everything is as smooth as silk.

thanks for help anyway...

RENDER TIME!!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: F-Curve [/Keyframe] pause on Align to Spline - How to fix?
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:10:47 am

it has to be linear or the f-curve variation affects smooth speed so linear is good.
doesn't matter if it's 100 to 0 the math then is value = 0 + 100/149 so first Keyframe = 100 and last keyframe = 0.67
the add/erase a keyframe thing works like this - for example if you have a 30 frame repeat frame 0 to frame 29 where 0 = 0 and 29 = 100, to make the repeat smooth set a new keyframe at frame 28 (don't change the value just set a keyframe) then erase the keyframe at frame 29 and move the keyframe on frame 28 to frame 29. That gives the same result as working the math out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]