MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Need to simulate powder pouring from one container to another, then to another

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyNeed to simulate powder pouring from one container to another, then to another
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 11:44:12 pm

Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good way to pull off filling a container with a powder, tipping that container to fill another container, then again...?

I initially thought I could use X-Particles for this but the overwhelming amount of particles requiring p-to-p collision has just made this a ridiculously worthless endeavor. I need those particles to collide so they will stack up in the containers, building volume - the containers are transparent so I need to show this.

Anyone know how this can be pulled off? With the tests I've done, Dynamic particles (with the standard emitter) and X-Particles can easily handle thousands of particles, the problem starts happening when they have to detect collisions with each particle to particle, it takes 5+ hours just to see a preview and I don't have that kind of test time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Need to simulate powder pouring from one container to another, then to another
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 2:19:22 am

are you using Fluids in x-particles? (which version do you have?). Powder is sort of fluid and x-particles handles fluids fairly well - it will depend on what the powder is supposed to be - check out this http://lesterbanks.com/2015/03/x-particles-3-constraints-sand-effects/

another possibility is to cheat and combine particle flows for the pouring but fill mostly with revealed solids (scale or boolean or...) - as your containers are see-through it's tougher.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]