MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Easiest way to animate a 2D puppet?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Meono
Easiest way to animate a 2D puppet?
on Sep 4, 2015 at 7:25:41 pm
Last Edited By Gabriel Meono on Sep 4, 2015 at 7:33:03 pm

I'm looking for the replacement inside Cinema 4D for the Puppet Pin Tool in After Effects.

The idea is to record simple mouse gestures on 2D cutout characters. In After Effects you simply have to place dots in important areas such as the head or hands and a mesh is generated automatically, with three dots you can easily move head and arms and start recording right away.

This is intended for comedy so the motion can be rough and quirky.

At the bottom there's a video I did with the Puppet Pin Tool.

I understand that you can record mouse gestures with Capuccino in C4D, however, is there an easy way to deform a 2D mesh just like the Puppet Pin Tool without investing time creating rigs or bones?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Easiest way to animate a 2D puppet?
on Sep 5, 2015 at 2:46:56 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Sep 5, 2015 at 2:53:53 pm

maybe with an FFD deformer (with enough divisions) around your 2D character, move the FFD points with the magnet tool, add a Pose Morph tag to the FFD (using Points in the tag) to record the base position and other moves as poses.

or try the same thing with the Camera deformer - a Pose Morph tag can be added to that deformer as well to record poses (and return to) your base undeformed mesh

or if your 2D character has enough evenly distributed points just use the Magnet/PoseMorph directly on it

Return to posts index

Gabriel Meono
Re: Easiest way to animate a 2D puppet?
on Sep 5, 2015 at 3:53:14 pm
Last Edited By Gabriel Meono on Sep 5, 2015 at 3:55:54 pm

Thank you! I must learn how to use the interface first.

I'm very glad to know it is possible :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]