MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Text on a Surface

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arpine Avagumyan
Text on a Surface
on Aug 31, 2015 at 1:53:04 pm

Hello,

I am new to Cinema 4D and know nearly nothing about it. So I came across a situation that I have an American Football ball, and want to add a title on its surface . . . I did try wrap tool, but to add with it to the surface is very difficult and I think to have it exactly on the ball is nearly impossible with that. So can you tell me what other easier options I can choose to add my text to its surface.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Arpine

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Text on a Surface
on Aug 31, 2015 at 2:54:22 pm

do you need to have raised text (sort of non-real)? Or would a texture be better?

Return to posts index

Arpine Avagumyan
on Aug 31, 2015 at 3:02:41 pm

Here is the screenshot of my desktop. You will have better understanding of what I need. I just need to put that on the ball the way it is. For realistic render to put it on my AE composition.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Aug 31, 2015 at 10:30:19 pm

As Brian was alluding to, the easiest way would be to use a texture as a decal to place the text on the football. In Photoshop, or another graphics program, make simple white text on a black background, save it as a PNG, and use that image as a Texture in the alpha channel of another material applied to a selected area on your football.

Google something like "applying a decal in C4D" to find some tutorials.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 31, 2015 at 11:40:05 pm

but if you really need thickness to the text though an FFD deformer would be better than the Wrap

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]