MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Double frames in render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey ZhouDouble frames in render
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 2:33:43 pm

Being slightly new to C4D, I made the mistake of changing the playback frame rate to 60 instead of the project frame rate, and made all my keyframes around that. Now rendering causes double the frames, and double the time. Any way to half the keyframes and also half the length of the project?

I use R13.

Return to posts index

Jordan QuackenbushRe: Double frames in render
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 9:51:42 pm

There might be an easier workaround, and if you've got Expressions that are time-sensitive, this might F things up, but theoretically, you can select all your keyframes (Timeline, Key Mode, Automatic Mode "should" pop up all keyframes), and slide the end handle to the midpoint (1260/2 = 630). Then change your framerates all to 30.

This works in my head; though I'm not sure about actual application. And any expression/dynamics/etc stuff will likely screw up.

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

Joey ZhouRe: Double frames in render
by on Sep 3, 2015 at 12:59:11 am

I tried that, but it merged some of the keyframes together, seeing that there are a few right next to each other. I've just decided to render out all the extra frames and speed it up in post. Thanks for replying, though!

Return to posts index

Jordan QuackenbushRe: Double frames in render
by on Sep 3, 2015 at 1:04:47 pm

Ah yes, that would be a problem.

Rendering it out and retiming was my next idea; I just didn't know if you had the time to render it all or not. Glad you got it working.

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]