MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Folding/Bending Polygons & Objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip SeitzFolding/Bending Polygons & Objects
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 5:16:00 pm

Hello people of Creative Cow! Long time viewer and whatnot, usually I am able to find my answers here or other sites for problems I run into or can't figure out. But alas, I'm finally breaking down and posting something to see if this awesome community can help me out.

See, my knowledge of Cinema 4D is limited. I know enough to be dangerous with it, yet not enough to perform some what I think are some basics functions. It's like I grabbed an Algebra II math book and skipped to the last few chapters and started teaching myself without knowing the terms and basic equations. Kinda like that. Ok, so on to my question!

I've got this notebook object I want to animate opening up, revealing the pages. I downloaded this awesome notebook object file and I'm using the demo of Riptide Pro (because I'm working with C4D R16) to get my materials in the right spot and I was able to breakdown my polygons into individual object and separate them, etc, etc.

Now, what I need to do is figure out the best route to get the thing to animate opening up. See, there is a hardback leather object that isn't separated, yet I need it to 'fold' along it's creases.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Folding/Bending Polygons & Objects
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 2:44:44 am

bones is one way, do a search for opening a box using bones, theres a number of them out there

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved