MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D Abstract Spheres & Other Shapes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
El-Hajj RobinsonCinema 4D Abstract Spheres & Other Shapes
by on Aug 16, 2015 at 2:57:13 pm

Hi, I have been having trouble with the smoothness of this type of orb. When I do my spheres and twist them to TRY and have the same effect, the twist sections are limited, and the edges look too sharp and render out really bad even with the presets from HDRI. So can someone help me step by step with how to do this? I have checked many tutorials on Youtube and Vimeo and I can't find anything that is accurate. And on top of that, I want to do like I said abstract spheres basically, so I wanted to know how people make liquid looking shapes to actually wrap nicely around the sphere they also deformed also. I have also used the sub poly displacement and it renders better but it does not give it that smoothness that I want for my objects.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cinema 4D Abstract Spheres & Other Shapes
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 2:38:47 am

you have to have *lots* of polygons to get that kind of detail but I doubt you get that through twisting, it looks like a fractal, maybe something close can be done with displacement but however it's made if you have detail of folds and bends etc, the polys making them have to be smaller than the smallest corner or bump or it never looks smooth. You can get more polys at render time with subD and subplot displacement and it's good that C4D can handle a ton of polys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved