MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

GI animation settings with small illuminants

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuri Kneppers
GI animation settings with small illuminants
on Aug 15, 2015 at 3:57:27 pm

Hi guys,

how do I render this scene with GI but without flicker and splotches and without having to render 1 hour per frame? This test uses Physical render with the Interior High (Small Illuminants) preset..

It's a particle animation of vines creeping over a surface of a room and lighting it up along the way..

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: GI animation settings with small illuminants
on Aug 15, 2015 at 7:28:59 pm

are your vines really a bunch of lights or are they geometry with a luminant texture?

Return to posts index

Yuri Kneppers
on Aug 17, 2015 at 4:57:12 pm

Hi Brian, they are luminant textures on a Sweep Nurbs generated by the trail object of X-Particles..
I've checked on GI Area Light in the illumination settings of the material.
How would I even go about doing this with a bunch of lights?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 18, 2015 at 2:58:20 am

my question was just because 'small illuminants' is for lighting predominantly by small lights and yours is by a luminant texture so the setting you are using might not be the one you are looking for.

about the more general questions, no you can't prevent flicker and splotches without increasing render times, you have to have render power but there is lot you can do with the settings, if you have not done so check out the help section 'Tips and Tricks (Global Illumination)'.
Don't get stuck on Physical Render 'just because' sometimes Standard is faster (and vice versa) - test which one is faster for the scene you are doing (unless you need something only one or the other will do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]