MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Typography created with a cloth material over a text object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott GreenTypography created with a cloth material over a text object?
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 10:19:27 pm

Hi guys, I saw a beautiful piece of typography work recently by someone called Cheolhong Kim on Behance and I wondered if this was created in Cinema 4D or possible to recreate in C4D? I sent a message to the creator but have yet to receive a response. Really hoping someone can shed some light on this, thanks.

Motion Videos UK, Motion Graphics, Animation, Video Design, Corporate Video Production, Marketing Video Production and Music Video Production.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Typography created with a cloth material over a text object?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 5:27:34 am

it might be a Loft, This is not exactly the same but it has similar elements. I think I just don't have a font close enough to the one being used, it would require a bunch of tweeking (and just the right start font) but it might be what's going on. Lofting between a font slimmed and a copy of the same font spline expanded and rounded and dropped to give height.
Oh yeah, and some better lighting than this too.

9144_silhouette.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Scott GreenRe: Typography created with a cloth material over a text object?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:11:45 am

Makes sense now. I could get the lines texture to work properly, then were getting fat the farer away from the text they got but here's my test :)

Motion Videos UK, Motion Graphics, Animation, Video Design, Corporate Video Production, Marketing Video Production and Music Video Production.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2015 at 2:42:20 pm

some cool shapes can definitely be made and it would be different for every font, good one.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2015 at 2:44:40 pm

True, I think the must have either used an ultralight style font, or just created each letter using a single path. It's very nice either way.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2015 at 2:51:12 pm

Do you have any idea how I can make the lines of my texture more uniformed like in the example? I'm not getting very good results.

I've uploaded the project file if that helps:
9147_sample.c4d.zip

Thanks Brian.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2015 at 3:05:22 pm

you're looking at a moiré pattern (the same thing that makes checkerboard patterns on a floor receding into the distance have extra lines in various shapes (depending on the angle)) - if you zoom in you'll see your lines actually are evenly spaced. Try setting the Length V in the material tag to 10% - basically you need to choose the right spacing for the image you are generating at the moment with that kind of thing (oh, and it will also help to set antialiasing to Best just for the look of the lines, it doesn't help moiré much)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]