MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Want to rotate hair length bitmap

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Murray
Want to rotate hair length bitmap
on Aug 12, 2015 at 12:12:47 am

Hi I'm trying to rotate the hair length bitmap on a sphere, but cannot find any way of doing it. Is there some kind work around or can you rotate the length bitmap?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Want to rotate hair length bitmap
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:08:35 am

use a Projector shader in the length of the hair mat, put the bitmap in the projector shader and you get the same offset/length etc controls there as you normally get in the material tag.

Return to posts index

Sam Murray
on Aug 12, 2015 at 3:39:41 am

Do you mean Material Editor>Length>Effects>"Projector" then add texture because if that's the case I think I'm doing something wrong or are you talking about something else.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 12, 2015 at 3:49:34 am

it sounds like you might be in the right place

in the Hair Mat/Length channel Texture slot choose Effects/Projector (which is what I think you were talking about so, so far so good)
Click on Projector (now that it's there) and it opens up and presents a new Texture slot where you want to put your image file - the settings below are the ones you would use to offset the image (in effect rotating around the sphere) with lots of additional controls to tweak the position/rotation/size etc.

Return to posts index

Sam Murray
on Aug 12, 2015 at 4:27:05 am

Dam I tried that, but Position and Rotation don't do anything and rotation is the only one that I need.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:22:21 pm

it's not position and rotation that you want probably, I think you want Offset X but try with a test sphere and the same image in a Projector shader but in the color channel so you can see what's going on

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 12, 2015 at 7:35:22 pm

oh yeah, if it is Rotation that you want you don't see correct results unless you render

Return to posts index

Sam Murray
on Aug 12, 2015 at 11:53:31 pm

Is there something that I have to turn on in the render settings because it texture still doesn't move or rotate?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]