MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Illustrator to C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben PetersonIllustrator to C4D
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 12:04:00 am

Im trying to export a logo with text from illustrator to c4d. I save as ill 8 then open in c4d and my logo is there but firstly it is surrounded but a very large spline which I need to delete then another one colorer to the logo which I also delete. Second the layers that overlap in illustrator are opening in C4D as one object. For e.g. I have a filled hexagon on top of a filled star then on top of that some text. The hexagon ends up being a hole through the star. This is not what I want.
I have tried searching for tuts on this and all I can find are lame youtube ones that dont explain anything except how to save in illy then open in C4D. I need some more details about ow to save and open the way I want it. I have tried putting on separate layers in illy but this made no difference.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Illustrator to C4D
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 5:16:20 am

there is a setting in Illustrator to export (or not) the limits of the document (don't remember what it's called, don't have Illustrator here...)

if you have multiple spline segments in a single spline you can select the spline and run the Mesh/Spline/Explode Segments command

Return to posts index

Ben PetersonRe: Illustrator to C4D
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 10:22:58 am

There is no setting inside illustrator to not export limits of document I have looked everywhere and not found it. Mesh Spline explode segments is greyed out.

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: Illustrator to C4D
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:30:04 pm

I believe you have to save the Illustrator Document as an Illustrator 8 eps file. Haven't done it in a long time since finding this very useful plugin call CV-Artsmart. It lets you copy/paste from Illustrator to C4D!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved