MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Make object consist out of light

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lars janssen
Make object consist out of light
on Jul 19, 2015 at 3:43:33 pm

I wanted to create something for a little project I'm working on. for this project I need to make an object consist out of light, like it's seen in harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1. the patronum spell. If somebody could help me out with this I would be very thankful.

Return to posts index

Piotr Raczko
Re: Make object consist out of light
on Jul 19, 2015 at 5:15:01 pm

I guess you need to apply a material to the object with the Luminance channel turned on, and the color and specular turned off. In the luminance channel choose light color. Such a luminant material will also render nicely with Global Illumination, it will cast light on other objects. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

lars janssen
on Jul 19, 2015 at 5:26:38 pm
Last Edited By lars janssen on Jul 19, 2015 at 5:27:58 pm

That is a part of what I'm looking for, but in the movie you can see the light shifting through the object and you can see through it. this is more specific what I'm looking for. Should I make an animated texture for that. make an animated noise in after effects for example? how would I go about that for light? If you could help me out with that, that would be great. here is the sequence of the movie:

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 20, 2015 at 9:50:51 pm

That's some kind of particle and gas rendering effect. I think it would require a plugin to do it in Cinema. Maybe possible in AE with FORM?

Return to posts index

lars janssen
on Jul 20, 2015 at 10:06:03 pm

I have some basic knowledge about form. mostly about creating particle fields in 3d space. how should I create some kind of light like that? And for the cinema 4d side of thing. I have a plugin called turbulence FD for creating smoke and fire and that sort of things. Or should I use something like realflow to do it. are these kind of things maybe more suitable in 3ds max. my plans this vacation included getting started in 3ds max(again). If so. what Should I do to get this effect in 3ds max?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]