COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Ainge
Creating Interactive Carpet Fibres in Cinema 4D that react to Vaccum Rollers
on Jul 16, 2015 at 10:09:31 am
Last Edited By Ryan Ainge on Jul 16, 2015 at 10:59:30 am

Hello,

I'm trying to create something like this at 1 min in:

I have begun using the C4D hair module for carpet but the hair as a carpet looks like a sea anemone and not a carpet like the the attached video. Is there anyway for me to create carpet fibres that look like the video at 1 min in and have them interact with the vaccum rollers? I tried using actual geometry, but the scene slows down so quickly and I can barely navigate. I have dyanmics on the hair so the rollers are pushing the carpet, but I guess my biggest question is how to make them look more like carpet and less like cinema 4d hair?

Any direction would be awesome.

Thank you!

9051_1.png.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Creating Interactive Carpet Fibres in Cinema 4D that react to Vaccum Rollers
on Jul 16, 2015 at 8:35:56 pm

Check the "Rigid" box in the hair dynamics tab and increase the "Rest Mix" percentage to make it stiffer. You probably only need 3-4 segments for the guides and hairs since they're so short.

Return to posts index

Ryan Ainge
Re: Creating Interactive Carpet Fibres in Cinema 4D that react to Vaccum Rollers
on Jul 16, 2015 at 8:50:18 pm

Thanks Adam. I apologize if my post was unclear. I think I've accomplished the dynamic movement with the hair that I want, I just think that my hair I'm using looks too much like cinema 4d hair and not enough like the hair follicles in the reference. Can c4d hair create something like the reference that I have?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 16, 2015 at 11:21:32 pm

So you want the wound fiber look for the individual strands? Couple ways to go about that.

1. Generate geometry instead of 2D hair using the Hair Object>Generate tab. Circle is probably what you want, though it creates the most geometry.

2. Generate instances of geometry you've modeled (same tab).

If you go with No. 1 you can then use a material with bump or displacement to create the ropey look. Example: 9052_carpettex.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 16, 2015 at 11:39:59 pm

in terms of viewport speed you also don't need any more than two or three rows of carpet pile for that low shot in the example - more rows like in Adam's example if the camera shot moves upward though...

Return to posts index

Ryan Ainge
on Jul 17, 2015 at 10:27:44 am

Perfect, thank you. This solves my problem. Appreciate all the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]