MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is there a quick way to randomly scale a ton of objects without mograph?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ximon GrayIs there a quick way to randomly scale a ton of objects without mograph?
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 7:18:06 am

I'm working on an architecture project involving hundreds of buildings that aren't clones. I need them all to scale from 0 to 1 on the Y axis with randomly offset timing. I'm fairly new to C4D and haven't learned Xpresso yet, but I'd rather not have to manually keyframe them.

Cheers :)

Return to posts index

Andy WardRe: Is there a quick way to randomly scale a ton of objects without mograph?
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 10:59:34 am

I reckon you're looking for the commands under TOOLS > ARRANGE OBJECTS.

There's a randomise command in there along with aligning tools, etc.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Ximon GrayRe: Is there a quick way to randomly scale a ton of objects without mograph?
by on Jul 15, 2015 at 6:35:35 pm

Nice one Andy! This is the closest I've found to what I need, but doesn't quite have the option I'm looking for. I want all the objects to scale upwards from zero (as if they're growing from the ground) but with random timing. I know the mograph tools have this function, but all my objects are individual and laid out according to a blue print, so I can't mess with the positioning. Logical solution in my case would be to spend half an hour moving keyframes around, instead of 5+ hours searching for answers online. But I reckon there must be an easy way of doing this and I'll have nightmares if I don't find it. Cheers though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]