MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating a 2D "Slice" of an animated object C4D, AE or both

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Bove
Creating a 2D "Slice" of an animated object C4D, AE or both
on Jul 15, 2015 at 1:39:57 am

Hello,
I am new to the forum, so please bear with me.

I need to create several slices (think of an MRI or a stack of layers) of animated objects. The each slice needs to be exported as a single video.

I have been using a sphere for proof of concept, but the project will require 3D animated fish, people and other characters.

I have tried using several cameras in C4D, set up in a line. Then exporting each camera in AE. The problem was that with the perspective of the cameras, it did not work.

I then tried using Boole in C4D. But I am only able to cut one side of the object.

I finally tried using camera far/near clipping. So the object would move through each camera's clipped depth. This worked...kind of. The problem was that the objects appear to be hollow.

So I am asking if there is a way to do this. Any help is appreciated!

I read the post about the person who needed to do this with a single cube. But for my project, I will need to use this with many animated characters.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Creating a 2D "Slice" of an animated object C4D, AE or both
on Jul 15, 2015 at 2:21:52 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Jul 15, 2015 at 2:22:54 am

try Boole set to A Intersect B with a skinny cube (as thick as the slice you want). Animate that moving through your other object. Then do it again (separate Booles) for the other objects.

Return to posts index

Tony Bove
Re: Creating a 2D "Slice" of an animated object C4D, AE or both
on Jul 15, 2015 at 2:34:14 am

Thank you, I will try it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]