MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simple Motext and Plain Effector Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex King
Simple Motext and Plain Effector Question
on Jul 14, 2015 at 9:33:01 pm

Geez!! Grrrrr!! Please help me solve this simple problem. I have a Motext word, lets say the word CAR. I then have it lay on its back on the 0,0 axis, with the front of the text facing upwards on the Y axis, the back of the words are flushed on the floor, 0-X,0-Z axis. I then add a Plain effector. All I want to do is increase the size of the text upwards, like a simple rising effect. I have the plain effector on Box mode on the falloff. The problem is, the letters will popped down below my floor and them up again, that's not what I want. Its just need to go up. I kept on trying various ways to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Alex King
Re: Simple Motext and Plain Effector Question
on Jul 14, 2015 at 9:50:46 pm

To clarity, upwards meaning that the bottom of the text is still on the floor, not the entire text moving upwards.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 14, 2015 at 10:39:53 pm

So you want the plain effector to scale the letters from the back side, if I read you right. By default they'll scale from the front towards the back. I'm guessing that you used a negative scale value in the plain effector to make the letters go up, but that just causes the letters to, in effect, scale through themselves.

To get around it, set the "Depth" of your Motext (Object tab) to a negative number.

Example: 9050_motextscalefromback.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Alex King
on Jul 14, 2015 at 11:36:32 pm

Bingo! Holly cow. Simply brilliant Adam! Thank you so much for the help and the effect in putting together an example. Much appreciate it.

Regards,

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]