MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

PolyFX render issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pravin ChotteraPolyFX render issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:18:30 pm

I was following this tutorial, but for some reason the PolyFX doesn't show up in my active viewer when I have my Hypernurbs turned on. It does work when I go to render, but I'd like to be able to see the effect before I render just like at 0:37 in the tutorial.

Any thoughts as to why Hypernurbs would prevent PolyFX from showing up in the picture viewer?

Scene file: 9047_polyfx.c4d.zip

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: PolyFX render issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 4:06:36 pm

works here in 13 and in 16

Return to posts index

Pravin ChotteraRe: PolyFX render issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 9:12:56 pm

Weird. I've had issues like this before - objects in the viewer don't act like they do in the render - but I figured this time I'd see if other people had the same issue.

Any thoughts as to why turning on the Hypernurbs would disable the PolyFX in the viewer?

Interestingly, turning the subdivision editor to 0 allows the hypernurbs to stay on and have the polyfx work, but anything above that makes it not show up.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 13, 2015 at 9:32:54 pm

turning on HNurbs increases the poly count by 4 probably maybe it's a graphics card thing. What card, what OS, what drivers?

Return to posts index

Pravin ChotteraRe: PolyFX render issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 10:01:47 pm

I thought so too, but my system can usually handle up to 2 or 3 subdivisions in the viewer.

I'm on OSX 10.8 with an ATI Radeon HD 5770. Not sure about the drivers, but I think they're up to date.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 13, 2015 at 10:24:56 pm

that's not it then, usually no trouble with graphics on a Mac and the machine I was testing with has an ancient 2600 in it so the 5770 is lots (it does have 14 GB of memory though, how much memory in yours?). It has to be something else, maybe a plugin you have installed (though those usually cause crashes rather than graphics errors). Perhaps Support will know...

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: PolyFX render issue
by on Jul 13, 2015 at 11:35:23 pm

Works fine here too, FWIW. I'm no a PC with R16.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]