MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatersonHair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 1:36:54 am

I'm trying to do a relatively simple setup with hair render applied to cached x-particles. The XP setup is basically just a branch object and a trails object, but the render output is... bizarre. What should be thin strands are rendering as giant bulbous tubes.

Initially I thought this was a glitch in Octane Render (scene is set up to use that) but then I ran it through the other renderers and got the same result. What's weirder is that I have other scenes with very similar setups that are rendering just fine. If someone wants to take a crack at it, I'd be very grateful.

9037_badhairday.rar.zip

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 4:31:32 pm

Very strange. It renders incorrectly in the viewport and picture viewer, but if I open the Octane live viewer it renders correctly.

Return to posts index

Ryan PatersonRe: Hair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 5:07:21 pm

I know! I posted to the Octane forums and nobody knows what the heck is going on either. I'm just going to rework the scene to use a couple sweep nurbs instead, but I would love to know what I did to break this scene so bad!

Return to posts index

Ryan PatersonRe: Hair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 6:09:52 pm

Well, it seems I've found a solution... If i disable "Spline" in the Hair Render options, and then set Cloning to 1 in the Hair Object and zero out the root settings, it actually renders as it should. Kinda hacky but, I'll take it!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hair via X-Particles Rendering Bizarreness
by on Jul 11, 2015 at 9:05:52 pm

Good job. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]