MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Does Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paolo raveDoes Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 2:28:43 pm

Hi there,

I have a simple scene where I have the polygons of a plane inherited with an effector from a random position to it's final state. The setup works great if I use a cloner, but I cannot make it work with a polyfx effector.
Where's my mistake?

here is a link to dropbox with the scene file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rvfljwfx1lma1w/InheritanceTry.c4d?dl=0

thanks!!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Does Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:33:30 pm

The first problem is that you have the inheritance effector's weight set to 0% in the falloff tab.

The second issue is that you're referencing a plane object, which the effector is going to interpret as a single mograph particle. You can get around that by creating a matrix object, setting it to object mode referencing the final destination plane (polygon center mode), and then use matrix object in the inheritance effector instead of the plane.

Return to posts index

paolo raveRe: Does Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 8:46:53 am

thanks a lot adam! that did the trick!

meanwhile I would ask you another thing!

I have a scene where I have a parametric cube, and I want it to grow on one axis ... the problem is that if i set the scale of just one axis to zero, i can still see the object, and i have to scale down the other axis as well. How can I make it grow from zero on one axis?
Is there also anyway to change the pivot from the effector?

here's the scene file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfa1spfq4ce7jj9/Plane_scale.c4d?dl=0

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Does Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 3:48:38 pm

You can get the object to scale from the bottom by placing it in a null aligned to the bottom of the object.

As far as it scaling to -1, I guess it doesn't disappear entirely because scaling to -1 on a single axis just creates a plane. You can get around it by using a little Xpresso as in the example here: 9033_planescaleamt.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

paolo raveRe: Does Inheritance effector work with ployfx objects?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 4:10:17 pm

this is great adam! I had a look at the xpresso setup and I got little bit confused at first by looking at the result node (that was simply a demonstration of the output i was getting)... now everything is in it's place!!

a billion thanks adam! I hope to get seriously in xpresso really soon!

ciao!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]