MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to import C4D Animations Into Unity or into Blender and Then Unity?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roman Abrev
How to import C4D Animations Into Unity or into Blender and Then Unity?
on Jul 8, 2015 at 10:58:39 am

C4D Ver: r16
Unity Ver: 5+

Is anyone familiar with any possible ways to import a c4d animation with emitter/metaball or basically anything besides rigged bones into Unity? Recently tried to import a flame-looking animation based on EJ Hassenfratz's tutorial . I used NitroBake to bake my animation to keyframes and then exported as .fbx, however when I imported it into Unity no animation would show. I was told there are ways to overcome such problems using some Unity extensions but the person was really busy so I thought I should ask here on Unity forums. Also I found an old MDDWrite and MDDReader over at animationsnippets but they do not work on R16, dunno if they do actually work on older Cinema 4d versions. Also someone suggested that I should try MegaFiers point cache system, but that requires .pc2 exported files and c4d doesn't do that either. I'm about to toss my pc from the 3rd floor, please someone enlighten me. Also is there a way to import my nitrobaked animation as .fbx into Blender and then export as mdd? Tried that but no animation shows up in Blender.

I should mention that I have imported bone animations before or even simple rotation/position/scale keyframed animations. Also if anyone wants to test how to import I could share the c4d project.

Return to posts index

Roman Abrev
Re: How to import C4D Animations Into Unity or into Blender and Then Unity?
on Jul 10, 2015 at 8:40:58 am
Last Edited By Roman Abrev on Jul 10, 2015 at 8:41:43 am

Solved it by my own, visit Unity forums if you're interested to know how. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/solved-how-to-import-c4d-animations-into-u...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to import C4D Animations Into Unity or into Blender and Then Unity?
on Jul 10, 2015 at 1:49:53 pm

there are also Unity tutorials in Cineversity, a big free set and some that you need to be a premium member for

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]