MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloner Issues?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jane JenkinsCloner Issues?
by on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:47:44 am

Hello All,

I rarely come on here unless I honestly have no clue how to do something.

So heres a question that either requires an easy fix or a workaround,but it would definitely be helpful for any suggestions on how to solve this.

So basically, my problem is

http://i.gyazo.com/4fdc07dd5cdb1bb21de1502edfdd7fe6.png

Lets say I want to replace this blue cube with another cube(pink) and this other cube has features,extrudes,etc

The problem is, when I do this with a cloner on poly-center mode, this happens:

http://i.gyazo.com/5a930c69541ab148b31aefff1ef9dc95.png

Okay.

But imagine that you have a scene in which your objects, or like many cubes, are consolidated into one polygon object, then it becomes complicated when you have 4 clones per vertex.

So my question is, is there a way or a work around to get the effect of poly center, but without the other polygons? Because remember, my goal is to replace the objects in my scene all at once, but I cant seem to just get 1 Cube for the center of the object.

Heres a small scale example, of what i mean for the scenes that i do:

http://i.gyazo.com/8d9ca9d89832bc934b0482d8ebb3b0bc.png

Here we have the blue cubes duplicated and consolidated, and without the cloner on.

http://i.gyazo.com/ea3615c05c9cb964cba7452d055dc835.png

And with the cloner, although it clones the blue cubes successfully, it creates those other cubes surrounding them. My goal, to either have a way through script or xpresso, to tell it to make 1 clone pep = center of 4 vertices or something like that, or to have a work around to somehow make sure those clones surrounding the object dont get shown/made,etc

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

jane JenkinsRe: Cloner Issues?
by on Jul 7, 2015 at 6:28:11 am

noone?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cloner Issues?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 5:33:10 pm

don't understand what you are after (what should it look like, what is the desired result - can you make a picture of that?)

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2015 at 10:04:56 pm

I figured out a better way to say it.

Basically, I want to find away or make a script, that allows for a clone of whatever object im trying to clone (in this case just a cube) and have these clones be placed on the Faces of my target object.

So one clone per face on the y axis, if this makes sense.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2015 at 12:43:31 am

your 'faces' have more than one poly?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2015 at 1:07:22 am

No...okay, I mean Polygon faces.

1 Clone per PolyGon Face on the y-axis.

So for example:

Imagine I had a single cube. And I used a method that could get this to work.

My end result would leave me with a cube(the cloned object) ontop of the original cube (the target object)

Think about it.

My target object is a cube. It has 6 faces. But I want it so I get a clone only on the Uppermost face (Y-Axis). And it my Cloned object is also a cube, it would be the end result of a cube on top of a cube.

Lets say we have multiple cubes, and lets say we make them blue.

And If I were to scatter them around on a larger scale and various hieghts etc, my end result would be a replica of those positions etc, since my clones will only make one of themselves per face.

They would be 1 cube higher than the original( in which case)Id move them down until they were correctly aligned on the Y-Axis, but essentially thats the result ^^

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2015 at 3:32:09 am

selection sets with Poly Center possibly

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2015 at 4:14:32 am

Ohhhhh?

Do you think you could make a small scene to show how that might work?

I was thinking something along those lines though ^^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]