MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

ON A CLOSE DEADLINE! Some rendering problems when c4d is imported to AE

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ayush SaxenaON A CLOSE DEADLINE! Some rendering problems when c4d is imported to AE
by on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:38:54 pm

I should preface this by saying that I'm a beginner with c4d but am more familiar with after effects.
So I'm trying to create an effect of glass breaking in cinema 4d using nitroblast and I want the glass to be completely invisible until an object crashes into it. This works seamlessly in c4d and in its picture viewer. However, once I import the c4d file into AE, the cracks in the glass are visible in the beginning.

So far I've tried:
- clearing the cache and baking in the project settings
- saving the project with assets
- creating a new composition in after effects solely for the c4d file using its settings

I'm sure this is probably a simple fix, but I just can't seem to find a solution

here's a link to the c4d file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzevlnSnc9LgS3ZlbGRpQmdZMkk/view?usp=shari...

Return to posts index

Nikolay KirkovRe: ON A CLOSE DEADLINE! Some rendering problems when c4d is imported to AE
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 6:39:32 pm

Maybe its stupid idea, but try with cheating. Use object buffer for your plane, and use some mask in AE.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: ON A CLOSE DEADLINE! Some rendering problems when c4d is imported to AE
by on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:44:23 pm

Nitroblast fixes the transparency issue via the plugin, so I guess you would need to have the plugin installed in AE somehow to make it work there. Not sure if that's possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]