MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Spacing different sized objects using Cloner and Plain Effector

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Worsham
Spacing different sized objects using Cloner and Plain Effector
on Jun 30, 2015 at 4:57:42 pm

Hi,

So I have a series of different sized objects that I want to grow once they enter the Plain Effector (The "Shape" is set to box). All of my objects are different sizes, so when I put them into the cloner, some are closer than others. I want them all to be evenly spaced, even as they grow (think of the main screen on the apple watch)

I like the way that radial cloner works, but I don't know how to get more than one row. Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to kept objects from overlapping no matter where they move/how much they grow? How should I set up the cloner so the objects stay close together?

Any help would be saving me a lot of hardship. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Spacing different sized objects using Cloner and Plain Effector
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:54:55 pm

The only way that I know of to make clones fit is to use dynamics, but it may not give you the result you want because the objects may jitter or rotate in a way you don't like.

If you want to try it, set the cloner up so the objects overlap. Give the cloner a dynamics tag and set "Individual Elements" to Top Level in the Collision tab. In the Force tab, set position and rotation follow to high values (like 10) so Mograph will maintain control.

When you play the timeline forward the objects will bunch up but not overlap.

As far as the cloner's radial mode goes, there's no option for concentric rings. But you could create a spline with concentric rings and clone onto it using the Cloner's object mode (or use a spline effector).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]