MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texturing and Mapping animated umbrella problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin PriddleTexturing and Mapping animated umbrella problems
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 4:11:31 pm

Hi, I'm trying to add a material to an animated umbrella that opens and closes with a different color on each segment of the umbrellas canopy. Unfortunately every time i try and drop the material i'd like the umbrella on to the umbrella the mapping gets screwed up.

I have provided two C4D project Files with the animated umbrella and what i'd like the umbrella to look like with the multi colored segments.

I'd really appreciate any help to get this working.

8965_umbrellaanimated.c4d.zip

8966_umbrellamodel.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Texturing and Mapping animated umbrella problems
by on Jun 24, 2015 at 9:27:23 pm

you can easily set selections on a non-editable surface (your Loft) using the Correction deformer. Add the deformer as a child of a parametric object (or in this case where the object needs children as input, on the same level as the object). Use the selection tools to select the polys you want and make selection tags. Once the tags are ready move them from the correction deformer to the Loft and they can be used to limit textures to only certain polys in the usual way.

Here's an example with the correction deformer with selection tags created then a copy umbrella with the moved tags and individual textures assigned.

8970_8965umbrellaanimated2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Benjamin PriddleRe: Texturing and Mapping animated umbrella problems
by on Jun 25, 2015 at 8:27:36 am

That's Awesome! Thank you. I'll have to remember the correction deformer next time.

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]