MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How can I build a model that can act like this...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rui li
How can I build a model that can act like this...
on Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21:31 am

Hi Guys:

I'm new to the 3D world and cinema 4D, and now i'm learning the technic to build a character like what I saw in the little animation which played in Portal, reference here:

see those 'paper man' there?

And here are my questions:

1.Is that possible to create that in C4D? If so, how can I create that?
2.I know there has a render option to render the outline so the white outline is not a problem. But, if you pay attention, you can notice when they move their arms, the polygons between arm and body are not collapsed, is it because they are different object which are not IK/FK? but in that case, the outline render will see the outline of both their arm and body, so I'm confused about the method to create that.

If anyone can give their ideas and some hints of what to do, I will be much appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How can I build a model that can act like this...
on Jun 20, 2015 at 1:25:20 am

check out the vid at 1:02 - 1:03 the legs are definitely not attached, the arms are probably exactly the same - the 'waving' motion looks like just rotation on it's axis and the arm bending (like the leg bending looks like it could be joints or a bend deformer).

The outline is easy - check out the Outline Culling in Sketch and Toon that appears when you activate Outline in the S&T Lines settings. You'd probably want the arms and legs to be children of the body and use the Hierarchy setting there.

Return to posts index

rui li
Re: How can I build a model that can act like this...
on Jun 23, 2015 at 2:49:20 am

Yes! It works!! thank you very much!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]