MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

light leakage

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul minottolight leakage
by on Jun 13, 2015 at 2:48:17 am

I'm learning lighting with a room model and the physical sky object, trying to begin with a good basic lighting before adding secondary lights for reflected light and other nuances.

However, i can't seem to eliminate light that is leaking through the ceiling and walls of the model. The ceiling extends past the walls so there shouldn't be any gaps.

Or perhaps the problem is in my settings?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: light leakage
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 1:53:15 am

Irradiance with Radiosity maps is a hard combo for what you are doing. Particularly with the Physical renderer. You can try thickening the walls and ceiling but you really have to play with the radiosity settings, decrease the texel size (Map Density) and increase the Sampling Subdivisions. It takes a lot but if you turn the radiosity maps off you can see it's primarily the source of the 'leaks'. You can change to Light Mapping or you can try QMC primary and keep Radiosity Maps as secondary then you don't have to increase the radiosity settings nearly as much.
All radiosity is expensive in render time and the quicker the render is the more likely you are to be affected by the shortcuts the programmers have to take to make it work well in most situations but still be fast (relatively speaking). QMC will be the most accurate but take the longest to get smoothness (non-graininess) close to Irradiance, so you have to find what works for the render you are trying. The help as a lot of good info for GI.

Return to posts index

paul minottoRe: light leakage
by on Jun 15, 2015 at 4:26:37 pm

Thanks Brian. I was able to solve the problem by adjusting the settings in the GI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved