MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Looking for older versions of Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine Christmas
Looking for older versions of Cinema 4D
on Jun 9, 2015 at 10:58:08 am

Hello,

I'm trying to find Cinema 4d R12/13 for the office. We can't upgrade our OS from 10.6 because then other software that we depend on stops working. So I'm trying to find older versions of Cinema 4d but it seems Maxon doesn't have anything to do with previous versions other than the odd update.

I've read online that it is very difficult to get hold of older versions but if anyone has some insider tips that could help I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Jasmine

Return to posts index

Jordan Quackenbush
Re: Looking for older versions of Cinema 4D
on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:00:02 pm

Ebay?

Found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAXON-CINEMA-4D-VISUALIZE-R12-/331574351253?pt=LH_D...

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

Jasmine Christmas
on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:33:11 pm

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look, that's very kind. I've sent a message to the seller to get some more details and I'm awaiting a response. That is essentially, as far as I can see, my only option! Hopefully it's all legit and problem solved but I'd love some alternative options as I've had some problems with ebay in the past.

I'm just surprised to discover that Maxon don't allow you to purchase any backdated items from them.

Return to posts index

Jordan Quackenbush
on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:35:48 pm

Yeah, be careful with eBay purchases - can be some pirated versions on there. You could look to perhaps get the serial number and run it by Maxon?

Alternatively, have you tried just contacting Maxon directly? They're usually very quick to respond and really nice, at least in my experiences.

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

Jasmine Christmas
on Jun 9, 2015 at 4:03:48 pm

That's a great idea, I'll give that a shot! Hopefully they'll take pity on me and my ancient operating systems. Thank you.

Jasmine

Return to posts index

Steve Charkovsky
on Jun 14, 2015 at 11:53:02 am

Hi Jasmine,
you should learn more about transfering c4d licence between users.

I haven't used c4d for couple years now, so forgive me, if my info is a litte bit outdated, but as far as I remember, MSA transfer was a hefty process. I think maxon charged around $500 for license tranfer and transfer between different countries was NOT possible under their terms.

Keep in mind you are not buying just a box with software, there is more to it, if you'd like to run 100% legal version of c4d. Contact directly maxon support to find out more.

Return to posts index

Jasmine Christmas
on Jun 15, 2015 at 10:31:29 am

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your post. I've been in contact with Maxon and received a not very helpful email stating that I can only get R16 but also that I most certainly won't be able to run it. I'm unsure where to turn especially since that ebay seller was not kind enough to give me the first 11 digits of the serial number for his version of R12.

I will however, make sure I learn more about transferring licenses as we do need this to be up to scratch.

All the best,
Jasmine

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]