MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Exporting Clone Objects to Illustrator

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sara orfaliExporting Clone Objects to Illustrator
by on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:09:03 pm

Hi guys,

Is it possible to export a clone object witjh all clones included to an illustrator file?

Best,
Sara

Return to posts index

Jordan QuackenbushRe: Exporting Clone Objects to Illustrator
by on Jun 8, 2015 at 3:58:15 pm

Export to DXF, polyline. It takes whatever is in your TOP viewport window. I made a cube, put it in a cloner, lined it up so I liked what was in the Top viewport. Saved as DXF polyline, and opened that in Illustrator, and had all 3 cubes as square lines, as expected.

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

sara orfaliRe: Exporting Clone Objects to Illustrator
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:29:08 pm

Nay...doesn't work with this one! 8911_bal.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:48:00 pm

Are you wanting the sketch/toon outlines to be the lines? I don't know if that can be done. I'm on Broadcast so no S/T for me to test. I think it only works with what your wireframe is, so you'll see back ends of boxes, etc.

Anyhow, you'll want to uncheck "render instances" on your cloner. Apparently, the random effector's work doesn't translate over to the DXF file, at least, not for lines in Illustrator. So make your cloner editable (get it how you like it first), and delete the sphere. This worked for me to get the lines into illustrator.

But as said, you get the wireframes of all the boxes; not the S/T lines. I don't know how to get that over.

Jordan Q
If I'm posting a question, it means I've Googled it for far too long and couldn't find a solution/answer.

Return to posts index

sara orfaliRe: Exporting Clone Objects to Illustrator
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:54:41 pm

Thanks Jordan! I can work with that!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:57:59 pm

Glad to help.

To reiterate for perhaps someone else finding this, normally you don't have to make your clone editable (or at least, I didn't in my initial test), but the use of the effector (in this case, a random effector) doesn't carry the effect over to Illustrator - so you have to make the Cloner editable to "bake in" the effector.

Jordan Q

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]