MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

x-particles keep pushing through objects with collider tags

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Simpson
x-particles keep pushing through objects with collider tags
on Jun 5, 2015 at 1:45:17 pm

I have placed some planes to constrain the flow of particles downward, keeping them inside a specific rectangular area. I have put collider tags on the planes and the particles but some are getting through and I cannot figure out how. The emitter is sufficiently inside the boundaries I have set up and the particles are colliding properly with other objects in the scene. What could be happening here?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: x-particles keep pushing through objects with collider tags
on Jun 5, 2015 at 3:11:32 pm

You probably need to increase the subframe steps settings, which you'll find in the Cinema Project Settings (Edit menu) under the X-Particles tab.

Return to posts index

Jon Simpson
on Jun 8, 2015 at 2:03:22 pm

Thanks Adam, but this is not working. Under the Expert tab I have set the steps per frame to 50, the maximum solver iterations to 50 and I still get errors. Also, when you say "under the X-particles tab" I do not understand. I see no tab for x-particles in the projects settings.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:36:50 pm

I'm using X-Particles 3. I forgot that version 2 doesn't have subframe options. I guess you could try using the Cinema collision engine instead of the one in X-Particles. You'll find an explanation of how to set that up in the X-Particles manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]