Zane DrysdaleMultipass Global Illumination Compositing Issue
by on Jun 5, 2015 at 11:15:20 am

Hey,

I have some issues with the combination of:

Global Illumination
Image-based-lighting
Compositing Backgrounds
Multipass

I've had this happen with multiple projects, and I've put together a small project demoing the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-NJuVdMsJllNXhLN3JrUS1NMEE/view?usp=shari...

When the rendered image is viewed inside of Cinema either with the "Render View" or the "Image" layer view inside of the Picture Viewer (not a result of combining the multipass) the scene appears as it should. Background merged with the ground plane seamlessly.

However when the multipass version of the image is viewed the ground plane is much brighter than it should be and will no longer blend smoothly between into the background. This is caused by the GI pass being too white (the Sky possibly lighting the ground plane?), however it is ONLY seen when viewing the result of the multipass.

If I disable "Compositing Background" on my ground plane the GI problem is fixed but now the ground plane is too dark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Multipass Global Illumination Compositing Issue
by on Jun 5, 2015 at 1:37:08 pm

I don't have time right now to test it with your file, but I would try enabling the "compositing background for HDR maps" in the compositing tag.

Per the help file: Enable this option if you want to integrate rendered objects in a Project that was illuminated using GI and HDRI textures (must be assigned to a Sky object). The Compositing tag will then usually be assigned to a Floor object. Light and shadows from the GI illumination will then be combined with the background image (in our example with an HDRI texture applied to the sky).

Return to posts index

Zane DrysdaleRe: Multipass Global Illumination Compositing Issue
by on Jun 6, 2015 at 10:32:22 am

Ive tried all combinations of Compositing background settings, and I've tried excluding the ground and sky from each other as well. The issue still persists

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Multipass Global Illumination Compositing Issue
by on Jun 8, 2015 at 7:40:33 pm

Unfortunately I think the compositing function just doesn't play well with GI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]