MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Can't move one of my objects...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse ClarkCan't move one of my objects...
by on May 31, 2015 at 10:34:09 pm

Hi all, having a bit of an odd issue here...

I created a simple ribbon of Police Line tape for a video i'm working on, using planes and cloth surfaces, and it came out pretty nice I think... except, for some reason, I suddenly can't move the object... I can't scale it, I can't rotate it, but the important thing is I can't even move it. It seems that when I move the object, it sort of "pulls" on it, like it's trying to move it, but it snaps right back into place...

If I create new objects, like a cube for example, I can move those around no problem. But my police ribbon just won't budge. Any ideas?

Just for a heads up, Axis Modification isn't enabled, so it isn't that.

Also, because it's an animated cloth object, the two sets of points on either end are "set" as fixed points in the Cloth > Dresser properties of the plane... but that is so it can animate properly. Without those, the object just falls to the floor. And, just in case, I have indeed tried deleting these fixed points / anchors just in case... still couldn't move the object.

(I've attached the save file in case anyone wants to take a shot at it...)

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Can't move one of my objects...
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:17:01 pm

Cloth is a simulation, so as long as the cloth tag is active you can't move the object independent of the sim.

If you want to move it you'll have to disable "cloth engine" in the Tag's "Tag" menu. Then, before you enable it again, click the "Init State">Set button in the Dresser tab. Then reenable the cloth engine check box and you'll be good to go.

Return to posts index

Jesse ClarkRe: Can't move one of my objects...
by on Jun 1, 2015 at 9:03:29 pm

That was it, awesome. Thanks :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved