MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Thrausi texture

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug KerriganThrausi texture
by on May 8, 2015 at 7:11:37 pm

I have a simple question for anyone whose used Thrausi, I've baked the texture with the material and then used Thrausi and these are the before & after photos.

Any suggestions?

f66f903b14b89f67b9249a7c7a0cf085.jpg

https://images.creativecow.net/295165/screenshot2015-05-06at7.43.11pm.png

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Thrausi texture
by on May 9, 2015 at 6:11:33 pm

have never seen this maybe it's related to the normal tag - is it an obj import bringing the normal tag with it or did you add it in the texturing?

Return to posts index

Doug KerriganRe: Thrausi texture
by on May 10, 2015 at 10:11:37 pm

Hi Brian, Thanks for the response! Yes, the normal tag was part of a 3D model that I later UV mapped another texture on. -I tried deleting the normal tag then applying Thrausi again, but the samething happens.

Were you thinking of eliminating the normal tag, or adjusting it?

Thanks in advance,

D

Return to posts index

by on May 10, 2015 at 11:20:43 pm

My usual flow would be to delete it and texture purely in C4D and certainly my tests of Thrausi with normal image textures (which would be your workflow with the character) work without any texture errors when broken with Thrausi

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2015 at 9:03:01 am

It finally occurred to me that as this is imported perhaps the model is the problem and either there are random reversed normals or just bad geometry of some sort

Return to posts index

Doug KerriganRe: Thrausi texture
by on May 11, 2015 at 5:32:15 pm

Brian,

I found a strange work around, -I do agree that it has to be faulty geometry. But I was able to fix it by entering a high enough number of breaking pieces. I usually put in about 20-30 and noticed half of my model was uncovered (black) or had rigid texture (bad geometry). When I started adding more pieces, it began looking closer to my original texture. I think I broke mine into 75 pieces for it to look normal again.

Don't know if that might be your issue, but it helped me! Thanks again for the heads up!!

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]