Hi Brian, Thanks for the response! Yes, the normal tag was part of a 3D model that I later UV mapped another texture on. -I tried deleting the normal tag then applying Thrausi again, but the samething happens.
Were you thinking of eliminating the normal tag, or adjusting it?
My usual flow would be to delete it and texture purely in C4D and certainly my tests of Thrausi with normal image textures (which would be your workflow with the character) work without any texture errors when broken with Thrausi
I found a strange work around, -I do agree that it has to be faulty geometry. But I was able to fix it by entering a high enough number of breaking pieces. I usually put in about 20-30 and noticed half of my model was uncovered (black) or had rigid texture (bad geometry). When I started adding more pieces, it began looking closer to my original texture. I think I broke mine into 75 pieces for it to look normal again.
Don't know if that might be your issue, but it helped me! Thanks again for the heads up!!