MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Anyone figure out how to disable dynamic pan/dolly navigation speed?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jareb CoupeAnyone figure out how to disable dynamic pan/dolly navigation speed?
by on May 3, 2015 at 5:09:26 pm

Every few days, I search for a solution to this, to no avail - which is driving me nuts.

You know when you're either panning or dollying how it reliably observes your navigation preferences/speed settings UNTIL you get close to an object in your scene, then suddenly the pan/dolly speed slows down to something like 1/100th?

I understand that it's a great feature for getting your camera nice and close to your objects, especially for macro shots. But it's just not conducive to some project types.

Anyone figure out how to disable this?

I'm working in an interior scene, and would rather have constant pan/dolly rates rather than variable since it seems like the 'catch radius' is too aggressive for when I'm too close to an object, and the variable speeds kick in. Then I have to shake it loose either by dollying in/out rapidly, or just reframing.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Anyone figure out how to disable dynamic pan/dolly navigation speed?
by on May 3, 2015 at 6:49:10 pm

the Help says there is no control but even in 16 it says "in 13 the view can freeze" and you might have to change the Point of Interest to somewhere deeper in the scene to unfreeze it.
However, they have been tweaking the behaviour since R13 and now in 16 it doesn't ever freeze (at least for me so far) and even if it's quite slow if you let go of the dolly then start again and it's starts at normal speed again. Look in the Help at Preferences:Navigation

Return to posts index

Jareb CoupeRe: Anyone figure out how to disable dynamic pan/dolly navigation speed?
by on May 4, 2015 at 2:52:24 am

I'm runnin' R16. I do sometimes let go of the dolly, and yea, sometimes it will unlock. But more than half the time it just re-engages as a very slow dolly rate. Panning is worse tho. I use Alt-Middle/Button - but it's the same even if I use the viewport button.

Return to posts index

Jareb CoupeRe: Anyone figure out how to disable dynamic pan/dolly navigation speed?
by on May 15, 2015 at 12:17:18 pm

Here's something that makes the problem a bit better: when you find the dolly stuck, spin yourself around 180 and dolly backwards instead. Not only does that get you 'forward' a little, but it seems to unjar the dolly too. So when you flip back around, you can continue forward.

----------------------------------------------
Hobbyist level - R16

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]