MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Create a brick wall based on texture?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Brown
Create a brick wall based on texture?
on Apr 29, 2015 at 5:59:00 pm

Hi. Is there a way to create a brick wall that contains geometry that matches the bricks in an image/texture? Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Create a brick wall based on texture?
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:45:16 am

Displacement channel probably but making a good displacement map from an original coloured image is not trivial - though you can sometimes get good enough results (depending on what you need) just by desaturating the original image.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Brown
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:06:33 pm

Thanks Brian-I need to collapse the wall too. Am I wrong in thinking that wouldn't work?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:24:40 pm

to get it to collapse you are going to need to build geometry. I don't know if there is a cheat you could use, it would depend on the image, the shot angle, where you want the collapsed material to go (do you see it just fall or what?) etc.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Brown
on Apr 30, 2015 at 3:10:21 pm

Heres the full scoop-its a couple of interviews shot in front of a brick wall. We want the brick wall to fall apart behind the subjects. Collapsing a brick wall is obviously not a big ordeal, but doing it such that the bricks match the bricks in the image...I haven't figured out any way to do that. So as far as the angle goes, its pretty flat. Its just a wall behind a person being interviewed. The camera may possibly have to rotate away from the subject. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 1, 2015 at 1:48:59 am

you'd have to separate your people from the background, if you can do that then it is just a matter of using the wall image as a background and building the geometry to match. (easier said than done) Rectangular bricks? New? Old? (meaning a lot of shape irregularties). But without a separated subject when the 3D bricks move the 2D bricks will still be there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]